Nutrition & Lifestyle are key to Total Body Wellness.
Acupuncture, herbs, and massage are much more powerful and effective when supported by a nourishing lifestyle.
In our modern times we are rarely instructed in beneficial lifestyles and unfortunately, most advice is usually driven by commercial considerations.
At the Acupuncture & Alternative Health Clinic of Brazoria County, we are very grateful to have learned inexpensive, time-efficient ways to nourish our health through diet, exercise, simple meditation, etc.
Our aim is to put you in charge of your health. As you learn and practice the basics, you will become healthier and happier.
Below is an outline of the “Eight Branches of Oriental Medicine” which is what we practice. The first five branches are related to lifestyle. The final three branches are the technical skills which we use to support your journey to greater health and happiness.
The Eight Major Branches of Wellness through Oriental Medicine:
- Meditation (developing non-judgmental awareness) and Prayer
- Nutrition (eating appropriately for your specific body and activity level)
- Exercise (a balance of activity and rest, whole body activity)
- Harmony with the natural elements (wind, heat, damp, dryness, cold – put a coat on when it’s cold, etc.)
- Harmony and awareness of one’s physical and cultural inheritance (if your family has a clear history of diabetes, strokes or heart problems, etc. – take preventative measures). Healthy relationships nourish health.
- Body treatments (massage, acupressure, chiropractic, cupping, moxabustion, compresses, baths, etc.)
- Herbal remedies (custom tailored to the specific patient and balanced to avoid side effects)
- Acupuncture (the use of thin hairlike needles to bring about physiological change – remove stagnation, clear heat, increase energy, encourage increased organ function, reduce anxiety and restore calm, etc.)